HBL focuses on funding the execution of Phase I and preparation for Phase II by the portfolio companies. Success in either of these stages can multiply the valuation of each company up to 10X for each milestone. Since the IPO, one of the companies has already completed a Phase I/II trial, 3 other companies are in the clinic as of Q1/10 and 4 additional trials (Phase I/II) are expected to commence during 2010-2011.
HBL offers it's investors a unique risk-reward profile:
1. Diversification of products and technologies as a proven tool for risk management.
2. Phase I focus – significant upside and an attractive risk-reward ratio for each company.
3. Conservative valuation allowing exit events to be translated into increase in HBL value.
4. Economies of scale and strong infrastructure based on Hadassah Univ. Hospital.
5. Experienced management team and support staff.
HBL is targeted at significant value building via direct guidance of the portfolio companies: aggressively progressing the cluster’s leading companies through Phase I clinical trials, while capitalizing on the Hadassah advantages – Phase I facilities, GMP manufacturing, patient recruitment and trial monitoring and the new BioPark (to which HBL and 5 of its portfolio companies have relocated during April 2009).